Thursday, January 15, 2015

My Favorite Things.

 

I always LOVED the Sound of Music from a super young age. It's so wholesome with such a beautiful story and phenomenol music score.  I have acted in musicals since my preteen years, but unfortunately never had the opportunity to be in this one :(.

One of my "favorite" songs in the musical is My Favorite Things, in which Julie Andrews sings to the children in the movie to calm them during a thunder storm. As simple as a notion it is, it really does help to think about and do your favourite things, especially during stress, anxiety and times of depression, in order to help you cope and deal with the realities of life.

The past few months have brought me a lot of transition so I decided to make a list of things which truly bring me joy and comfort. Some things I list are things that everyone can agree on, but other things are only unique to me and people may find strange and odd. But if it makes you happy and it isn't really hurting you or anyone else, do it!

E's List of Favorite Things:
1. Music festivals, outdoor shows and concerts. Any form of live music, really!
2. Bubble baths with wine and kraft dinner
3. Walking trails
4. Outdoor skating rinks
5. Recording music
6. Foreign films 
7. Watching on-stage performances of musicals, plays, or operas
8. Supper parties
9. Local, indie restaurants and coffee shops
10. Farmers' markets
11. Target
12. Long road trips where I get to sing loud music at the top of my lungs
13. Scented candles
14. Fresh flowers in the window
15. Brightly coloured home decor
16. Back rubs
17. Green tea
18. Art galleries
19. Disney movies
20. Super clean kitchens and bathrooms
21. Airplane rides
22. Neon-colored stationary
23. Thrift stores or pon shops
24. Nintendo 64
25. Listening to jazz music while I clean
26. Anything pink
27. Cupcakes
28. Katy Perry (she is my #wcw)
29. The Barbie section in any department store
30. Bunnies
31. Mint chocolate
32. Local beer from my hometown 
33. Popping bubble wrap
34. Taco salads
35. Grilled cheese sandwiches
36. Not wearing underwear
37. Lazy, rainy spring Sundays
38. Being snowed in with a movie and pizza
39. Eating pancakes without a knife
40. Hipsters
41. My birthday
42. Ikea
43. Kettle-cooked popcorn
44. Newfie poutine (that's fries, gravy, cheese - not curds, and dressing!)
45. Sweatpants
46. Beach bonfires
47. Sparkly Christmas ornaments
48. Rocky Horror Picture Show 
49. Michael Buble
50. Taking a Friday off to be lazy and watch "Friday Bride Day" on TLC
51. Singing harmony
52. Feeding ducks
53. Calamari
54. Red wine sangrias
55. Polka dots
56. Goldfish crackers
57. Cupcake shops
58. Bulk Barn
59. Wearing boots with dresses
60. Hikes
61. Wine gums
62. Vinyl record players
63. Board games (I am a Scattergories champion!)
64. All the Star Wars movies
65. Homemade quilts
66. Pug dogs
67. Ladybugs
68. Space heaters
69. Patterned leggings
70. Joseph Gordon-Levitt (my #mcm)
71. Homemade pizza
72. Amusement parks
73. Glow-sticks
74. Drinking juice from the carton
75. Wearing socks to bed
76. Rainbows
77. Justin Timberlake
78. Re-runs of Saved by the Bell
79. Auditions
80. Girls' nights in or out
81. Making a smoothie in the morning before work
82. Donkeys
83. Dolls that smell like fruit or sweet things
84. Theme parties
85. Sushi
86. Photo scavenger hunts
87. Greek yogurt
88. Nacho-flavored cheetos 
89. Newfie music
90. EDM
91. Fireworks
92. Big cities
93. Collecting art, crafts or jewelry made by my friends
94. Easter eggs
95. Group or couple Halloween costumes
96. Tea tree oil
97. Mummering
98. Flip flops
99. Indian/Native-inspired clothing and jewelry
100. Neon-colored or fun printed bibles

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment