Thursday, January 15, 2015

New Year, New Me.

Hello Internet lovelies!

Welcome to my new blog :) . I used my fashionfoleysandfflats blog for the past 4 years and I absolutely love the freedom I have to write and express myself and just be completely real. I decided to start a whole new blog because I wanted a change. It's a brand new year, and I've had a lot of transition in my life lately. Change can be stressful and challenging on times as you learn to adapt to a new routine, way of thinking and lifestyle. But change is needed to help you become a better person. No personal growth can ever occur unless you are willing to change your old ways and habits. Just like the Sheryl Crow song, a little change will do you good!

If you have read my past blog posts on my other account or know anything about me, you would know that I am an extreme girly girl who gets happy over simple and jovial things and I am a true child at heart.  I also ironically struggle with mental illness and have been diagnosed with depression and an anxiety disorder. It's a challenge to find that balance, but I also attribute my success in life so far by my immense faith and deep relationship with God. I am by no means perfect, but my faith in Jesus is the one thing that never fails to keep me sane and cope through my sad and fearful times with this illness.

Normally, people make a list of resolutions at the start of each new year. A list of things they want to do, improve on or change. I used to do that each and every year, but this year, I decided to just let life happen. You never know what God has in store for you, and basically, I just want to be the best version of myself and be happy - the whole reason behind the title of this blog.

One thing that is key to being happy is discovering who you are and being real with the world. In this lifetime, there's going to be a thousand people who love and adore you. But on the contrary, a thousand other people will despise you, sometimes for absolutely no reason. I used to struggle with always trying to please everyone and try to make everyone happy. But the truth is, you can't. It is literally impossible to make everyone happy, no matter how nice or great you are. Tay Swift wasn't lying when she sings, the haters gonna hate.

The main thing is to try to do everything in your power to be happy with yourself.

Happy 2015, everyone!

xo

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment